The Professional Ambulance Association of Wisconsin (PAAW) was created in 2005 to represent the interests of ambulance services in our state.
The Internal Revenue Service has determined PAAW to be a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization.
The Association is not only focused on revenue shortfalls, such as Medicare and Medicaid, but is working to see that our voice is heard regarding existing statutes and administrative rules, as well as with future legislative initiatives. PAAW retains the services of Midwest Strategies Group in Madison as its lobbying representative.
In addition, PAAW works to create and promote opportunities for collaboration, networking and learning for EMS leaders, managers and practitioners.
The PAAW organization serves as an EMS stakeholder group to better delivery of Emergency Medical Services in Wisconsin.
The primary purpose of the Professional Ambulance Association of Wisconsin is to promote excellence and quality in the ambulance industry in Wisconsin and to;
- Promote the general welfare of the Emergency Medical Service.
- Inform and educate the public as to the usefulness and value of Emergency Medical Services.
- Promote mutual aid in the Emergency Medical Service which may include between members of the Association.
- Encourage and/or conduct research relating to any phase of the Emergency Medical Service.
- Disseminate to Association members reliable information and data developed and/or gathered as to subjects of interest.
- Create and maintain a fraternal feeling between the members of the Association.